Tips To Make Your Zoo Visit More Enjoyable
- ROAD CONSTRUCTION AROUND THE ZOO. Please CLICK HERE for details.
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is large and can take a few hours to see the entire Zoo. Please note we do not offer transportation once you are inside the Zoo, so we recommend you wear comfortable shoes. Wheelchairs, electric scooters and strollers are available to rent, while supplies last.
- Wagons and strollers are permitted at the Zoo but please obey stroller parking signs at designated locations.
- To view our admissions prices please CLICK HERE, please note there is no additional fee for the aquarium, Discovery Reef, our 100,000 gallon salt water aquarium which is found on the west side of the Zoo on the right once guests pass through the tunnel.
- On sunny days you may want to wear sunscreen.
- We offer nursing stations and family restrooms throughout the park. To view the park map CLICK HERE.
- Guests are welcome to bring food and beverages to the Zoo with them however, we do not allow straws (due to the safety of the animals) and alcohol is prohibited.
- The Zoo owns and operates a water park called Zoombezi Bay that is connected to the Zoo. Please note that your Zoo ticket/membership does not give you entry into Zoombezi Bay. For more information on Zoombezi Bay CLICK HERE.
- If you have any questions during your visit please feel free to ask any staff member.
- Service animals are welcome but pets are not permitted in the Zoo. We do not offer a kennel service and we do not recommend leaving animals in your car while you visit.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express at most of our locations. Some food and retail carts may not have credit card capabilities, but there are several ATMS throughout the the park for your convenience.
- You may exit and re-enter the park in the same day, just be sure to receive a hand-stamp on your way out. If you do not receive a hand-stamp you will not be permitted back into the park.
- We don't sell gift cards but we do sell Creature Cash which can be used like cash at any location inside the Zoo and Zoombezi Bay. Creature Cash can be purchased at Guest Relations.
- The Columbus Zoo is very fortunate to have Jungle Jack Hanna as its Director Emeritus. Jack often makes appearances at the Zoo for special events, as well as, filming his two hit shows Jack Hanna's Into The Wild and Jack Hanna's Wild Countdown. Please visit www.jackhanna.com to view his schedule.
The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is open 363 days of the year, rain or shine! To view our operating hours CLICK HERE. In fact, many of the animals are more active during the rain or in colder weather making it a great time to visit. Some animals from warmer climates such as Africa, Australia and Indonesia, are unable to tolerate cold weather. While many of these animals can be seen in their indoor habitats some species can not be viewed. Animals may also be taken off exhibit for a variety of other reasons including exhibit maintenance, environmental conditions and health concerns.
We look forward to your visit!